Every school is required to have a Governing Board: our governing board is made up of volunteers from the local community, parents, the Headteacher and a staff member. Together we have a collective responsibility for making sure that all children in our school receive the best education possible in a safe, caring and as a Church of England primary school, Christian environment. The Headteacher is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school. The Governing Board is strategic, which means that we plan for the future and consider how the school can achieve its targets and aspirations.
We hope that you will find the following information and links informative. If you require any further information or would like to contact us, all governors can be contacted through the school office or email the Chair of Governors, Mark Smith firstname.lastname@example.org . Your comments and suggestions are always welcomed, we would very much like to hear from you.
The Governing Body is appointed by Oxfordshire Local Authority
The Board of Governors for St Blaise do not have Committees, but have Lead areas. All Governor positions, their Lead areas and other details are shown below.
No vacancies at the moment.
1. Instrument of Government
2. Full Governing Board minutes
Copies of Governors board minutes are available in the entrance hall and we can provide a paper copy is requested.
- St Blaise FGB minutes 13.07.21
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 17.06.21
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 11.05.21
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 06.05.21
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 09.03.21
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 09.02.21
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 12.01.21
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 08.12.20
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 10.11.20
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 13.10.20
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 15.09.20
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 07.07.20
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 10.06.20
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 12.05.20
- St Blaise FGB minutes 03.03.20
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 11.02.20
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 14.01.2020
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 03.12.19
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 12.11.19
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 15.10.19
- St Blaise FGB Minutes 17.09.19
3. Schedule of Full Governing Board Meetings 2021/22
4. Register of Pecuniary Interests, Governor roles and attendance
- 2020/2021 Governors’ attendance at meetings
- 2021/2022 Governors’ roles & responsibilities
- 2021/2022 Governors’ declarations of interests
5. Governor Policies
Governor policies can be found on the policies page.
6. Governor Communications
The latest SEND report can be found on the SEND Information & Report page.
7. Governor Contact Details
Mark Smith (Chair of Governors)
8. Governor Code of Practice
9. Standing Orders
10. Delegation Planner
11. Department for Education Governors Hand Book:
12. Oxfordshire County Council Governor Information:
13. Ofsted Website: (Website currently unavailable Jan. 2021)
14. National Governors Association: