Welcome to Our School Website
We hope you will find all the information you need to help you make the important decision of which school to choose for your child’s primary education. Summarising the information found on our website we can say in answer to:
Why choose St Blaise, what makes St Blaise special…?
- Togetherwe love and respect. We are creative, we are determined, we are confident, we are kind
- We are a small, 132 pupils, but expanding school. We aim to keep our small school inclusive ethos of knowing every child’s needs; ensuring each and every child achieves their potential, is self-assured and confident in their abilities.
- The onsite pre-school, Red Dragon, whilst independently run, is very much part of the school working closely with our reception class staff. As a result children transferring to school do so with ease and confidence.
- The learning in the reception class based around challenging the children through what they perceive to be play is recognised by Oxon Early Years’ advisors as excellent practice.
- Learning throughout key stages 1 and 2 is centred around themed topics. This way of delivering many aspects of the curriculum ensures children are motivated and engaged in their learning. Educational visits and trips form a significant part of our philosophy in enriching children’s experiences.
- The school has built a reputation for supporting children with special educational needs, particularly those on the autistic spectrum. Our teachers and support staff are well-trained and all pupils are helped to be supportive and sensitive to the needs of others.
- Results of end of key stage 2 tests will show you our children achieve above national expectations in reading and inline in writing and maths. Our statistics also show children make good progress, with some children making very good progress.
- Our 2018 SIAMS (church school’s) inspection said, “School values are deeply embedded in everything the school does and says and result in high standards of behaviour and excellent relationships throughout the school community” Ofsted (2018) judged us to be a good school.
- Volunteers and visitors frequently comment on the warm, friendly atmosphere of our school. We hope you will find this too, and warmly welcome you to visit.
- It is never to early to register your interest in joining the St Blaise family, however, the final decision over admissions currently lies with Oxfordshire.
If you would like to visit St Blaise School please phone the school office on 01235 831368 and make an appointment with Mrs Ruth Leach (Headteacher) who will be delighted to show you around the school and answer any questions.
To apply to St Blaise please use the link
In year transfer 2022 – 23
School Admissions 2022 -23
Over Subscription Document